Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Patsy Cline!!


I went to "A Closer Walk with Patsy Cline" this past weekend at the Arts Club with my mom and it made me love Patsy so much more! I grew up listening to my mom's "Sweet Dreams" tape and I still LOVE it. I don't particularly love country, but I definitely love her. Her songs make me cry, not because of lyrics or associations with the songs, but just because of Patsy, I think. There's something about her: her singing is so powerful. I wasn't sure how I would feel about someone else singing her songs, I thought I probably wouldn't like it, but Sara-Jeanne Hosie did a great job!

I didn't know much about Patsy Cline before seeing the production, so I enjoyed finding out more about her. Her dad left when she was young so at 15 years old she quit school and worked as a soda jerk to help her support her mom, who had two younger children. Anyhow, the show totally made me add her to my list of heroes. And now I want embroidered collared shirts, cowboy boots and belts with huge buckles, haha.

No comments: