Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dream a little dream



These necklaces and many others, accompanied by lots of earrings, are now for sale in Dream (311 West Cordova st.) and Little Dream (Net Loft, Granville Island)! I first "found" Dream years ago during high school when I used to hang out downtown a lot more with one of my best friends. We would hit A&B Sound (RIP) and our favourite 99¢ pizza place, then wander up Granville. We'd often go to Sacred Heart for a new piercing or new jewelry (or a new bead - I changed mine obsessively for awhile, never feeling happy with the colour I chose).

Anyhow, I'd often go to Dream after getting off the seabus. It was (is) this amazing place with awesome clothing and accessories like nothing I'd really seen before, and it was by local designers! How cool can a store be?? I dreamed of one day making something and selling it there, but it was a far away, daydream-y sort of dream. It didn't seem like something that would really happen. But, I kept a card from the shop with info on the back about selling your creations there. It sat around for years and when I finally set up a real desk to make my jewelry at it lived there in a business card holder. I've been talking about approaching stores about carrying my jewelry for months now, probably about a year really. I kept putting it off for various reasons, which really all boiled down to being chicken about it. It was Sarah who finally nudged me into doing it: she's had her jewelry there for awhile and told me that the owner, Wendy, is really great to work with. So, I am grateful for the nudge, and she was totally right! Wendy is awesome. I am so excited to finally have my jewelry for sale in a real live store, haha. If you've never been to Dream I really encourage you to check it out! There's always something new to see and they have great taste in music. I first heard Belle & Sebastien in Dream years ago on a gorgeous sunny day, and the last time I was there they were listening to She & Him. If you don't live locally, I promise to take you there if you come to visit :)

I also made some earring cards for the first time for this adventure (pictured below): what do you think? I picked up the beautiful washi tape at Paper Ya! in the Net Loft on Granville Island. The Net Loft is my candy store. With Paper Ya!, the bead store, the postcard store and Little Dream, I can easily spend a small fortune without having to go far at all! It's kind of a problem. Anyhow! I'm getting a little rambly so I'll leave off here.
xo.

6 comments:

Micaela said...

hurray!!! i'm in love with keys so that one is my absolute fave! xo

Stina G said...

Me too! You mean the one on the left or in the middle? I LOVE the one in the middle - it says "presto" on it and is so darn cute! I plan on having a necklace like that in the shop soon :)

Micaela said...

ha i'm such a nerd!!! i meant to say the middle one, the exact one you like ;) oh i may have to get it on pay day then ;) i love unique jewelry and i'm sold on the "presto"-- ahhh i have to have it! Let me know when it's in the Honey Wild shop then. loooove.

Stina G said...

Done! :)

Brittany said...

Oh! I love those earring cards! Soooo pretty! Maybe by the time the postal strike is up my letter to you will be there? :o/

Stina G said...

Aw, thanks Britt!! And I hope so. I miss getting mail!