Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A few of my favourite things...


I'm wearing some of my favourite things today: my Volcom skinny jeans, grey American Eagle scuba hoodie, Sadie ampersand earrings, Gemma Correll button and my good luck necklace. I guess because these things bring me comfort.


For the past couple weeks I've been waking up to joint pain and I don't know why. My wrists, knuckles and balls of my feet have been bothering me. It fades away for the most part after the first half hour or so of being up, although certain things, like my thumb, bother me throughout the day. I finally went to see the doctor yesterday but didn't feel like she was much help. Apparently it could be any number of things: it could be arthritis but she doubted it since there's no visible redness or swelling, it could be tendonitis... So today I went for an x-ray of my thumb since that's been the worst: the doctor figured if we don't see anything there on the x-ray we won't see anything anywhere else. I'll call tomorrow if they don't call me for a follow-up appointment. Hopefully it's no big deal, it's just weird. The doctor seemed to think it might be from some repetitive exercise or use, but then why are my feet bothering me? My hands I can understand, maybe from texting, using my laptop, twirling my hair like I did when I was a kid which I can't seem to stop doing lately... Anyhow. Hopefully it gets figured out. It just freaks me out a bit, because obviously I use my hands a lot, for finicky things like jewelry, so the thought of something being wrong with them is worrisome.

8 comments:

Marie said...

i'll cross my fingers it's nothing! it's so frustrating, especially when it's not easily pinpointed. i worry all of the time about what i'd do if i developed arthritis in my hands. xo

Stina G said...

Thanks! It's been worse the last three days and I am really trying not to stress. Ug.

abby said...

Do you think it could be gout, or something similar? Gout can often be easily remedied with an alkaline diet. Lots of fresh, cleansing, whole foods, lots of water and fresh veggie juices. Taking in a lot of fresh, cleansing foods could probably help no matter what the problem as it will help take any toxic loads off the body and allow it to do what it needs to heal. Black cherry juice is a highly recommended natural cure for gout as it helps lower uric acid in the blood (and it just happens to be really delicious too!). I know a few people who have worked through gout mainly by taking lots of black cherry juice. One cause of gout can be a diet high in rich foods, sugar, alcohol, but there can be other causes as well. Not sure if this relates, but this is what came to mind. I hope you are able to work this out. It's tough to be in pain.

beca said...

I LOVE all-mighty! LOVE!
Hope everything is okay...

Stina G said...

Thanks Beca!

And thank you, Abby, for your ideas and suggestions! I looked up gout and it didn't sound like what I have. Neither did bursitis, and tendonitis doesn't really fit either, in my opinion. So frustrating! I will look into the juice regardless though. Hopefully when I see the doctor next week she is more helpful than last time.

Marie said...

I'll be thinking of you next week. I hope you can come back and say you were just being a worrywart (much like myself) and that it's nothing serious. Good luck at the doc!

Sarah said...

Hi Stina,

I hope that you're feeling better! I think we all need to take a break from jewelry and computers more often than we do (I say via computer...haha). Hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for the shout out!

Stina G said...

Thanks Sarah! I agree - Sunday no tech days or something! An actual day of rest, what a crazt thought, haha.